The Texas Institute for Teacher Education is currently seeking part-time field supervisors to evaluate and provide guidance to first-year teachers throughout the state of Texas and the nation.
Position: Field Supervisor
Employee Status: Independent Contractor (1099)
Start Date: Fall/Spring semesters
Pay Rate: $65 per evaluation/visit; $15 travel per evaluation/visit
If you would like to apply for a position as a field supervisor, please email cover letter and resume to the Executive Director of Instruction and Supervision at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Objective of Field Supervision
The professional Field Supervisor is instrumental in monitoring and documenting the progress of interns. Intern is used to denote Teachers of Record (10 month internship; ME 565A) and Clinical Teachers (14 week internship; ME 565B). The professional Field Supervisor should foster in the intern a sense of critical reflection that allows for successful completion of the professional practicum.
- Hold current state teaching or administrative certification.
- Have at least three years of professional teaching/administrative experience.
- Complete all required training sessions.
- Be available to fulfill all field supervisor responsibilities.
- Contact the Executive Director of Instruction and Supervision (email@example.com) for questions regarding the application process.
Currently, specific duties of the professional Field Supervisor may vary depending on several factors, but all Field Supervisors are responsible for:
- Reading the Field Supervisor Handbook and Mentor and Cooperating Teacher Handbook.
- Conducting Orientation session for assigned Interns/Clinical Teachers.
- Ensuring that all interns understand the nature and intent, as well as the measurable goals, of all assessment instruments used in ME 565A/ME 565B.
- Conducting during each semester three formal evaluations of each assigned intern and completing the required online evaluations on or before the scheduled due dates.
- Conducting as many informal/drop-in observations as possible to ensure the intern is progressing appropriately.
- Conducting regular conferences with campus administrators, interns, and campus mentors regarding expectations, progress, and suggestions for the improvement in and demonstration 2 of knowledge, skills, and dispositions for successful completion of the professional practicum experience.
- Engaging the intern in dialogues about (and providing the opportunity for) critical self-reflection of both the pedagogical process and content area competencies.
- Acting as an advocate for the intern when necessary.
- Alerting the Director of Academic Services early, consistently, and in writing of any issues which may arise during a placement.
- Recommending additional and/or alternative program goals and objectives for interns who, during the professional practicum experience, exhibit personal and/or professional dispositions that are incongruous with the Instituteâs mission statement, the conceptual framework, or stated program goals.
- Completing any required training sessions, e.g., PDAS, TXBESS, T-TESS.
If you would like to serve as a field supervisor for The Texas Institute for Teacher Education, please email cover letter and resume to the Executive Director of Instruction and Supervision at firstname.lastname@example.org.